Friday, April 19, 2013

One Big Happy Family...

We have been planning this session for months. I got contacted about doing it a few months ago and have been looking forward to it ever since. 


The Sossamon family is a family that I have known as long as I can remember. At the church I grew up in, they have been a constant. Their "kids" who are only a few years younger than me, I remember since they and I were so little. 


Doing this family's session was such fun, we laughed so much. SO much. It is good to do family photos together when your kids are younger, but this day made me realize how important doing them when they are older is as well. You get a whole new interaction, a whole new story to tell when the kids are older, and that story is worth documenting in photos. 


After we finished up the Sossamon family's session, Karla's sister and her husband, and their brother met up with us at the wonderful Martin Nature Park. The laughter continued as you can see above, as this beautiful couple got in front of the camera. I love it when people just get real and fun. It makes for the best moments in photo. One of the main 3 things I try to capture in my photography is the human connection, and I think that is documented well with this session. I am happy about that. :)


We almost needed a diagram to chart out all the groupings and pairings we wanted to accomplish during this shoot, but I think we managed pretty well without one. :) 


I leave you with one of my favorite shots above and on the left. A brief history is needed to explain: I used to work at my church as a secretary one summer back in high school. Keith, the Dad above, worked at the church as well. You would always know when Keith was coming because you could hear his keys chiming on on his hip as he walked (almost always at a pretty fast pace I might add). Well, it turns out that his two kids have caught the same habit of hanging their keys from their right side . I think this is so fun, and there is something about kids unapologetically being like their Daddy that makes my heart smile. 

Thank you Sossamon and Ercanbrack family for the privilege of doing your photos. It was SO fun, and such a joy. Enjoy the photos! 

... Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment