Monday, February 13, 2012

Taking "FLIGHT"'s photos...

     Last week I was invited to be the photographer of another group of ballers. It was a group of six year old and seven year old boys. Oh yes, I had my coffee before the shoot. It is a must. A majority of these boys I knew from being on my daughter's soccer and basketball teams for a few years. Most of them knew who I was and so this made my job all the more easy. The others that I did not know, I tried to at least learn their names before the shoot was up. Learning their names really helps me with the ordering process. If I do not have to always be checking my name reference sheet the whole ordering time, it can really speed up the process for me. I absolutely LOVE doing photography and all that it requires of me. I would love to do it all day long,  but let us be honest, it is not the only thing I have going on, so a little speed on my side is uber helpful.
    So, I tried a new, really basic, simple (in theory), team photo with this team. I pose them all standing on the half circle of the half court circle. Yea, trying to get 7 seven year olds to stand still on a line, equally spaced a part, hands to their sides, and not giving me a funny face or evil look? NOT easy. I usually have my own style of team shots that is very relaxed and fun for the team to do. Lesson learned. Don't change what is working for ya. :) Below are a few samples from the shoot. And please contact me if you have any need of sports photography in your own life. ;)
This is a friend of mine's kid. He always has to have his "hair flare" for photos. Love it. 

I always do one silly photo that I usually include for free with all my orders. This will be the one this time. 

Via a suggestion from the audience, we decided to get creative with our "Coach and Son" shot. It was pretty full of drama and I am kinda in amazement that this photo turned out so well. Let us just say that the little boy from not so keen on being up on his tall daddy's shoulders. :)

So fun "FLIGHT". Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment