Thursday, May 10, 2012

1st installment of: "A moment of unproductive reflection"...

I have a lot going on in my little photography world these days. ALL of it I am so extremely thankful for. But, it does tend to weigh down the brain a bit. So, I think I will start a new happen when this happens to my brain. I am going to breath. Pray. And then take a break for a minute and reflect on something completely unproductive...
   When I was a little girl and someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was always the same: an artist. I wanted to sit in a well lit room with an easel and create art to my hearts content and be paid for it. I think that is what I considered being an "artist" at that time.
   I had not idea when I was younger what all sorts of shapes and sizes "artists" came in. It turns out that "artist" is about as broad of a term as "food." I enjoy experimenting and enjoying the gambit of art that there is in our world. I like to think that that part of me is that little bit of our Creator that was placed in me (based on the whole "in His image" thought). I believe now that "ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY BECOME AN ARTIST" one just is one. :)
   I could go on and on, but frankly my kids are interrupting my thoughts and I need to go and make some burritos. So, I will continue these thoughts another time... Unproductive time is officially over. :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment