Friday, February 15, 2013

My Heart Day...

I got to choose my Valentine's Day night night. I chose the Tuesday before Valentine's Day. Can anyone recall what happened that Tuesday? Oh yes, we had the most random snow storm drop about 5 inches of snow here in OKC. In the midst of this spring like Winter, it sure did seem random. But, the roads were fine, and my sister in law's (aka the babysitters) are awesome and agreed to come anyways so that me and the hubs could have ourselves a V-day Date!


We chose Kaiser's (http://www.kaisersbistro.com/kaisersbistro/Home.html) in downtown OKC. Raise your hand if you have heard of this place? As soon as I walked in I got mad. Yea, MAD. I have live in OKC my whole life and I have rarely heard of this place, and this was my first time there! This place has been there since 1910! Yea! It opened 3 years after Oklahoma became a state! (You are welcome for that free Oklahoma History lesson) This place smelled like fresh ice cream, and something being fried. A beautiful stained glass adorned one side of the restaurant toward the ceiling. Oh yea, and the ceilings? They were something to look at as well. Beautiful. OH WAIT, the bragging continues! I had not gotten my food yet...

 
I reluctantly ordered the "Bison Burger" because I was looking forward to that Ice Cream and wanted to get a little bit of a healthier option. But, I did not want it to taste funky. ;) Funky it was NOT. It was awesome, I would have sworn they got our order mixed up and gave us beef, but we were like 2 of the whole 4 people in the place at the time. It was SO good, and the sweet potato fries? Dang. 
 
We topped it all off with this awesome sundae. Because, you have to. It is Valentine's and you are at Kaiser's. Our ice cream in our sundae was house made chocolate, red velvet, and salted caramel. Yep, enough said. 

I would LOVE to take photos in this place sometime soon. So, enjoyed my snowy evening with my honey in this fantastic place. 

You can follow me on Instagram and check out a few more photos... My Instagram name is: houseonahill27

...Heather


2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather. I am visiting from ReStart. I absolutely loved your logo and just had to come and visit you. This restaurant sounds wonderful. I am glad you had a great Valentines Day. So nice to meet you tonight. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becky! Nice to meet you too! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

      Delete