Friday, October 7, 2011

RAW

I am a bit embarrassed to admit this right now, but I experimented with shooting in RAW for the first time yesterday. I read a blog (via Pinterest of course) that told me in detail the benefits of shooting in RAW. I had, about 2 years or so ago, asked a fellow photographer why her photos were so amazing, and the first tip she gave me was that she shot in RAW. Well, it sounded like way too much work to me, so I decided to stick what my normal size photos. Well, I was working on a PC at the time, and a little program called iphoto that came with my macbook takes the "too much work" argument down. So, after reading the blog I set my camera to RAW and took this shot of my eyeball by my window. Looks pretty cool. I am real curious to see how much more space it will take up when I shoot at my session tomorrow,  and I am excited about how much more detailed my photos will be. It is so fun to experiment and expand your knowledge on something you feel like already is amazing, and making into something uber amazing! Hopefully. I am a dreamer by nature, realist in everyday life. So, we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment