Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Restart...

I am gonna start this blog with an awards speech (because I kinda feel like I have won something, something awesome.) : "I would like to thank my cousin Jessica Rambo for introducing me to Jasmine Star. Without Jessica sharing her love of this photographer with me, I would not be where I am today." Walk off stage music begins. :)

It was around the first of the year in 2012 when my cousin (OK, technically she is my hub's cousin, but I am claiming her) Jessica came to visit Oklahoma from Texas. We talked pretty briefly about photography, her business was taking off, and mine was barely beginning. She mentioned that one of her mentor's, or photographers she looked up to was Mrs. Jasmine Star. Yea, never heard of her. :)

But, if Jessica liked her, then I knew I would, because me and Jessica were pretty much separated at birth. ;) So, I began at Jasmine's website. Loved her realness first. Then from there I began watching Jasmine's "Shooting Start" videos on YouTube. I could not believe that this successful LA photographer was so free and sharing with all her experiences and knowledge. I was hooked. (And let the truth be known: I used to always do arm workouts while watching the "Shooting Star" videos, and if you have seen Jasmine Star, you know why.) 2012 was spent growing my photography business and learning and gleaning everything I could from Jasmine. 

Fast forward one year later to January 2013. Jasmine is  teaching a 3 part online course called "ReStart, A Photography Business Makeover," and I will not miss it for the world! Well, I missed the first episode, got on that train a little too late. BUT, I watched the full 7 hours of episode 2 (and managed to keep my 3 kid's fed and alive). And I knew I was not be home for episode 3, so I bought the full course so that I can watch the episodes on my own time. 

I learned SO much from just the 2nd episode, I cannot wait to soak up all that is in the other episodes. I was able to watch just a bit of episode 3 this morning, I have particular interest in this episode because Jasmine was going to be sharing the MY STORY of my NEW LOGO (I have a recent post about my NEW LOGO story you can check out). She always shares a few successes at the beginning of each episode about some of the photogs that are involved in Restart. 

Here is a screen shot of Jasmine sharing my NEW LOGO story on the ReStart broadcast:

I have such hopefulness for the future of my photography business thanks to Jasmine (and Jessica ;)) and her passion for sharing all things with the photography community. I am beyond grateful for all that I have learned, and cannot wait to absorb every word from the other episodes of ReStart. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Jasmine Star!!!

PS... Now that you have seen this screen shot of Jasmine, do you totally get why I do arm workouts while watching her? Yea, you get it. :)

...Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment