Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ellison Family's Library Shoot...

I got to meet this cute family back at Christmas time for their Christmas family photos. I was asked to capture some more beautiful moments for them to help commemorate their son's first birthday. This is my first shoot in our new beautiful Northwest OKC library. Such a perfect place for a gloomy and very cold Saturday morning shoot. It was warm, plenty of beautiful natural light, and not a soul in the kid's area before 10 am. :)


I scouted out a few spots before the family got there to make sure I had my settings right on my camera, and a few books pulled from the shelves to use as props. 


When they got there, it was fun to watch little dude explore the books, and just be in awe at each page turn. I love seeing kids so enthralled with books like this at such an early age. 


This baby boy was on the move, so the fact that he sat on my book stack even for a few shots is amazing, and I was happy to get this shot. :)


We pushed the books to the side a bit to get a bit of peek a boo action with dad being behind me. :)


This is one of my favorite shots of the day. His little smirk, seeing his little baby hands on the shelf, the reflection in the metal shelves, and his sweet profile. I love it all. 

Ellison family, THANK YOU. You are such a sweet and beautiful little family. I am enjoying watching your little buddy grow and change. I look forward to seeing how he changes in the next year. Happy 1st Birthday sweet Gordon!

... Heather

2 comments:

  1. I love how you talked through how you got the shots! It makes you feel like you are there! : ) great photos!

    ReplyDelete