Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Family, Friend, and Colleague...

This is my amazing and lovely cousin-in-law Jessica. I met Jessica back in about 2007. We went down to Texas for a funeral and even though I had seen Jessica before, she was just a kid at the time. This trip in 2007 was the first time that we got to talk and really connect. And we did connect almost instantly! 


We seem to have very similar likes and hobbies. And she was just joyous and fun to talk to. 


A few years passed and Jessica and her family came to Oklahoma to visit for Thanksgiving, we both had our DSLR's. Her's a Canon, mine a Nikon. I was just learning my DSLR, because my background in photography was completely in film and darkroom. She had been using a DSLR for quite awhile, and I just remember enjoying asking her many things and learning from her experience already. This was also the glorious day that she told me about the amazing Jasmine Star. My life would never be the same. :)


A few more years went by, and because of wonderful Facebook, me and Jess were able to keep in touch. We were both growing our photography businesses. We talked about meeting up and just talking business, and doing some head shots of one another. And two weeks ago we finally did it.


She ventured north from Texas on her first road trip by herself to visit me and the fam. It was a beautiful two days here in OKC, some that actually felt like Spring unlike today :/ and we talked endlessly about our business plans, dreams, and such. The second day of her visit we went to one of my favorite shoot spots, the Myriad Garden's grounds in downtown OKC. It was so fun and enlightening to watch as she shot mine, and then I had a chance to shoot hers. It was fun to be relaxed and just discovering new lovely spots in one of my favorite locals. 


She called this my "Cousin It" shot of her shooting. :) 
We followed our lovely day in downtown by finding out there was a bomb threat at the court house(which later turned into Anthrax, and later turned out to be nothing). And then we headed to my favorite place to eat on the planet: none other than BIG TRUCK TACOS. I felt I had accomplished my mission, as she declared that it was the best taco she had ever had. Amen to that! And of course, you can't bring a guest THAT close to Cuppies and Joe and not let them experience that wonderfulness. Here are a few of Jessica's shots of our lovely treats...


Back at home that night we rounded off the great day with my homemade pizza and lots of episodes from season 1 of Once Upon a Time, complete perfection. 

I am so grateful to have Jessica in my life for many reasons. I look forward to our next visit, and the many more to come after that...

... Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment