Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Handsome Little Buchanan...

I love sitting down and blogging about my sessions. For any first time House on a Hill blog readers: this is where I share my own personal reflections on my shoots. I also get to share my personal favorite photos from the shoot, which is fun to share those, and sometimes explain why. Sometimes I don't have a reason, I just like it! :)


So, the above handsome dude I met this last Saturday at my in home studio. I love how he just jetted through my door and made himself right at home. I could tell from his boldness early that his shoot would be a clear success. It is easier to get a bold kid to sit still for a minute than it is to get the shy ones to come out of their shell for a minute. But, I would like to think I have had success at both, and both are equally rewarding. :)


This little guy was amazing. I marked the "X" where he was supposed to sit and he just sat there and gave me so many different looks and personality shows. It was great. 


I will be honest, a kid's smile is amazing. But, for some reason this above look I love even more. I can see his little brain just working and processing. This look on a child's face is so contented and peaceful, it makes me feel that way when I look at it, maybe that is why I love it so much. 


We had gotten to the "funny face" portion of shoot at this point. He was skilled in this area. :)


When a child smiles, their eyes just SPARKLE like CRAZY! I love it. He is smiling with his mouth and his eyes, and that is just pure joy right there. Pure joy. 

Thank you Buchanan family for letting me meet you and your precious son. I look forward to many more meetings and the chance to capture this sweet boy with my camera as time flies by. 

PS... Bonus! I got two leg hugs out of this kid before he left for the day. = Success. :)

...Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment