Friday, March 22, 2013

How I became a Spring/Summer Person...

Happy Friday beautiful people! I am sitting here on my couch, drinking my coffee, and staring out at this gloomy last Friday of Spring break. I can see how cold it is out there. This is the 3rd day of spring! I should be watching my kid's hula hoop and blow bubbles out there! But alas, they are watching Netflix. :/
I used to say that Winter was my favorite season. I loved sweaters, scarves, beanies, the idea of living in Colorado, snow, boots, warm drinks, ect. But somewhere in the last 4 or 5 years that has shifted. I am pretty sure it started when my kid's became old enough to play outside by themselves. Being stuck inside all winter with kids in desperate need of physical activity will make you wish for warmer weather real fast. :)
But then, along came this opportunity to start my own photography business, and then my tune REALLY changed from winter love to spring infatuation. I have spent the last 3 months or so shooting mainly at my in-home studio. I am grateful for the chance to still shoot, but goodness gracious how I want to be back outside. That is where my true passion for photography is. I will prefer a natural backdrop, amazing buildings, and the glow of a warm sun over studio work any day. I can't wait to get some new photos in my portfolio of some of the new places I get to discover by getting out there and shooting this spring. CAN'T WAIT!!! Yea, I am that excited. :)
This Saturday morning I get to get out of the house, I am going to be shooting INSIDE, but I am still REALLY excited about it. I will be at our new Library in NW OKC. It is beautiful, and the lighting is amazing, because all the walls are giant windows! So excited about that. SO, needless to say, let the warm air come and STAY. I am SO ready. If you can't tell from my reasoning, them maybe my over excessive use of CAPITOLS in this blog post will convince you. I will leave you with a shot that I take every year in my backyard. We have a baby Magnolia tree, and my kid's get so excited when the first flower blooms, this is the first bloom...

... Heather
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment